Folkways Press welcomes work from both emerging and established writers.
We want stories that often go untold; words that have been collecting dust in old notebooks; tales that inspire us to learn more about the world around us and the people in it.
NOTE: Submissions failing to follow our guidelines will not be read or considered.
We are not currently accepting submissions. Please check back later for updates.
- Submissions should be sent to email@example.com
- Please include your name and the genre of your work in the subject line, like so: [GENRE] – [NAME]
- If you would like some clarity on that last point, see the example below.
- Please compile your submission in ONE Word document (.doc/.docx).
- We ask that your submission be formatted in 12pt Times New Roman or Georgia fonts.
- When submitting your work, please include a brief synopsis and bio consisting of no more than 100 words
- We DO NOT accept any work that directs hate/promotes violence toward anyone, this includes work that is homophobic, transphobic, ablest, or sexist.
General Manuscript Guidelines
(please note we are currently not accepting manuscripts)
- Poetry manuscripts must range from 35 to 60 pages.
- Novellas, memoirs, essay collections, and short story collections must be at least 25,000 to 30,000 words.
- Flash fiction collections must be at least 15,000 words.